Tinea or ringworm fungi are very common infections and they can affect people of any age group and sex. Dyshidrotic eczema or pompholyx is not a contagious infection. Homoeopathy cured large cases of any type of fungal infection on the basis of symptomatic treatment.
Dermatophytosis are caused by a group of filamentous fungi known as dermatophytes or ringworm fungi. There are three genera of dermatophytes-
It is the involvement of crural regions like axillae and groins and inframammary, abdominal, and intergluteal folds which are warm and moist. Lesions are usually bilateral but asymmetrical. Prevention is by keeping the area dry and avoiding occlusive and synthetic undergarments Other sites of infection should be identified and treated.
POMPHOLYX OR DYSHIDROTIC ECZEMA:
It is an acute, chronic or recurrent dermatosis of the lateral aspects of fingers, palms, and soles characterized by symmetrical deep-seated pruritic, clear vesicles and later by scaling, fissures, and lichenification. Spontaneous remissions can occur in 2-3 weeks. Recurrence is the rule. Secondary infection may occur. Hyperhidrosis is common.
- Name of The Patient: Mr.X
- Age:60 Years
- Sex: Male
- Religion: Hinduism
- Family: Nuclear (6)
- Occupation: Electrician (Rtd)
|Location And Duration||Sensation And Complaint||Modalities A/F=|
|SKIN: Inframammary folds Since 2 years||Itching and burning ++ |
Watery thin discharge oozes out with blackish discoloration
|A/F=Tobacco chewing |
< At night++
<after exposure to the sun
<During and after scratching <During sleeping
<After exposure to water
|SKIN; Fingers -left In between index and middle finger For 1 year||Itching and burning++ |
Vesicles with thin watery fluid discharge
Scales falling after the vesicles get broken
|<During and after scratching |
<During profuse perspiration ++
<wants to rub with the stones +++
<during and after scratching
<while dried up after taking a bath
HISTORY OF PRESENTING ILLNESS:
The patient was apparently normal before the complaint, initially itching starts appears in inframammary folds especially during profuse perspiration and when were the patient started chewing tobacco the complaints gets worse, and started scratching and feels much burning pain especially after watery thin discharge oozes out and the skin color is changed to blackish discoloration soon after this he developed itching in his right middle and index finger with profuse perspiration and the patient started scratching continuously and he wants to rub his fingers with the stones and feels much better; for these complaints patient took allopathy medication and he feels better for sometimes but the complaints still persist .Now he is under homoeopathic medication.
HISTORY OF PAST ILLNESS:
- Before 8-10 years -chikungunya- allopathy relieved;
- For skin infection- Injections and multiple tablets (avil tablets)- under treatment
- Food – vegetarian
- Addiction: Tea- 2 Cups /day; Tobacco chewing (8-10 years); Alcohol drinking (10 years); Smoking – 4 cigarettes/day(8-10 years)
- Appetite: Adequate (4 times per day )
- Thirst: Increased (3.5 liters/day)
- Sleep: Disturbed due to itching in the skin
- Sweat: Increased (esp. folding of skin areas in axillary and inframammary folds and hands)
- Stool: Regular (2 times per day)
- Urine: Regular (4 times per day)
- Dreams: Not specific
- Desire to :
- Spicy foods
- Summer season ++
- Covering up to the neck
- Warm food
- AVERSION TO :
- Winter season
- cold exposure
- THERMAL – CHILLY
- MENTAL GENERALS: Irritable due to his skin complaints; aversion to traveling; company – aggravation; slow speech; anger from contradiction; intolerance to contradiction.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION :
- B.P-112/78 mm of Hg ;
- Pulse : 82 bpm
- RR- 18/min; Temp-98.6oF;
- Jaundice – No icterus;
- Clubbing – nil
- Anaemia – mild pallor;
- Lymphadenopathy- nil
SYSTEMIC EXAMINATION :
- INSPECTION: Blackish discoloration and thin watery discharge oozing out from inframammary fold; scaling of skin in the index finger; profuse perspiration in the region of hand and inframammary folds.
- PALPATION: warmth is present; profuse perspiration; normal elasticity of the skin.
CHRONIC REPERTORIAL TOTALITY: (Complete Dynamics Homeopathic Repertory Software)
|1.||Anger due to contradiction||Mind; anger; contradiction, from|
|2.||Intolerance of contradiction||Mind; contradiction; ailments from, agg.|
|3||Company aggravation||Mind; company; agg.|
|4||Speech slow||Speech & voice; slow speech|
|5||Burning of skin from perspiration||Skin; pain; burning, smarting; perspiration, from|
|6||Itching <night||Skin; itching; night|
|7||Itching <perspiration||Skin; itching; evening; agg.; perspiration, during|
|8||Itching of skin <scratching||Skin; itching; scratching; agg.|
|9.||Complaints from tobacco chewing||Generalities; tobacco; agg.; chewing|
Picture on 29-09-2021
- NUX VOMICA 200 / OD / 2doses /2 days / 4 globules
- SL 200 – Bd- 4 globules- 7 days
1st FOLLOW UP :
ON 8-10-2021 (admitted in IPD)
- Mild improvements in the complaints
- The patient’s complaint of itching and burning of skin still persist.
- Skin is dry; vesicles in the fingers are not present
- SEPIA OFFICINALIS 200- OD-2 doses-2days
- SL 200-BD-4 globules- 7 day
2nd FOLLOW UP: ON 14-10-2021
- Anger is decreased;
- Irritability during the complaint is decreased
- Complaints feels much better
- Itching and burning in inframammary folds and in fingers is slightly present
- Vesicles are dried up and perspiration is decreased; Scratching of skin is decreased Generals-good; Patient got discharged on 14-10-2021
- SEPIA OFFICINALIS 0/1-OD –2 DOSES/WEEKLY ONCE
- PLACEBO- OD – 4 GLOBULES – 7 DAYS
3rd FOLLOW UP on: 29-10-2021
- Complaints are improved much.
- No itching, no burning in inframammary folds and in fingers.
- No bleeding, no vesicles are present
- Perspiration is much reduced.
- PLACEBO- OD – 4 GLOBULES – 3 DAYS
DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSION:
The patient responds well with NUX VOMICA 200 to antidote the previous treatment of medicine. He continued the treatment after 29-09-2021. He got admitted to IPD on 08-10-2021, Based on the reportorial totality – SEPIA OFFICINALIS 200- od-2 doses-2 days was prescribed and he felt much improved in his mental ailments. On 14-10-2021 – SEPIA OFFICINALIS, 0/1 – 2 doses weekly once is prescribed and the patient got discharged.
On 29-10-2021 there is no complaints of skin itching and burning symptoms. Perspiration Is also decreased, no recurrence of skin infection occurred and the patient is well and good.
- TEXTBOOK OF MEDICINE – KV KRISHNA DAS
- SYNTHESIS REPERTORY – Dr. FREDERIK SCHROYENS
- LECTURES ON HOMOEOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA -J.T KENT
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Suseendran (BHMS; MD Scholar)
Scholar in pediatrics, Govt. Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Bhopal
- Medical student assisting in patient assessments, documenting patient care, maintaining medical records. Has extensive knowledge in medicine with well-developed observational skills.
- Practiced Homeopathic medicine in OP’s, IP’s, RHC facilities, providing diagnosis and treatment for all patients with various disorders.
- Endorsed changes in diet and suggested physical fitness