CASE – 1

Mr. C.E. Willians, aged forty-two, had been suffering from double pneumonia for twelve days. As he had no faith in homoeopathy, he placed himself under the treatment of two distinguished allopaths of the locality; but as the condition of the patient grew suddenly and alarmingly worse, his uncle called me in one the third of September, 1920, and asked me to take charge of the case SEPTEMBER, 1920, 11 A.M.

I noted the following symptoms:

The patient was in a very feeble condition when I examined him; the temperature was 105.8; the pulse was very feeble and quick; tongue was enveloped with a thick brownish coating; the teeth were full of sordes; there were numerous small consolidated patches scattered over both lungs; sonnorous and sibilant rales were heard in the chest and fine moist rale over the consolidated patches; there was rapid, labored breathing; the cough was frequent and distressing and produced extreme pain; the expectoration was of a brickdust color; the patient was lying in a comatose condition, with fleeting moments of consciousness; he was passing involuntarily very offensive, brownish, liquid stools.

I gave him a dose of tuberculinum 200 at once. No more medicine was administered that day SEPTEMBER 4 TH, 11 A.M. The temperature came down to 104.2 this morning. All the foregoing symptoms were, more or less, present. Another dose of Tuberculinum 200 was given.

4 P.M. –The patient began to perspire copiously after 4 P.M., and the temperature came down to 100.2 at 6 P.M. this afternoon.

8 P.M. – The temperature was now 98.6.

The breathing was almost normal; the tongue was clearer then before; no more stools; the patient was conscious; there was, of course, cough, but he did not feel any pain while coughing; the pulse was not at all quick. In short, he was feeling immensely better in every way.


The temperature remained normal and so was the breathing; there was not the least oppression of breathing and nor rales could be heard; he had passed a hard yellowish stool.

No more medicine was given and the patient was well within another six days.